What is the Malling Society?
The Malling Society is a registered Charity No. 251202 and aims to:
• Preserve the rural character of West Malling and its environs
• Preserve local buildings and places of historic interest or artistic distinction
• Protect the surrounding countryside
• Eliminate and prevent bad design and neglect
• Encourage high standards of architecture and planning
• Stimulate public interest in the good appearance and community of West Malling.
Please download our Membership Form here
We constantly monitor and respond to planning applications and other significant events affecting the Malling area. We have meetings monthly to listen to a range of interesting speakers and we arrange occasional visits and outings to local places of interest.
We store and protect a range of documents, photographs and similar materials of local interest and welcome further gifts and donations.
We are custodians of the Freda Barton Photographic Collection.
Chairman: Molly Potts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice-Chairman: Kris Mercer (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Eileen Vago (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Barbara Earl (email@example.com)
Representative for the Twitch: Molly Potts (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Researcher: Honorary Member, Ron Martin (email@example.com):
For any historical/family history enquiries please email Barbara Earl (firstname.lastname@example.org)