All General meetings are held at 19.00 (7 pm) in the Main Hall of the West Malling C.E. Primary School, Norman Road, West Malling ME19 6RL
unless otherwise stated.
TALKS ARE AVAILABLE TO BOTH MEMBERS at £3.00 AND NON-MEMBERS AT £3.50 PER PERSON PAYABLE ON ENTRY
- Tuesday, April 16th ‘Gift of Dogs’ Talk by Sharon Lynn.
Includes Medical Detection Dogs. Our Diabetic Alert Dogs and information and insight as to just how incredible our four-pawed friends are.
- Tuesday, May 21st AGM followed by A talk by members from the National Trust. Highlighting the history of Ightham Mote.
- Tuesday, June 11th Ditton Heritage Centre Talk by Maralyn Mulcuck.
A lovely Victorian building formally Ditton Schoolroom.
- Tuesday, July 9th ‘Spirit of Invicta’ A talk by Bob Ogley,
The highlights of the 20th century. Two world wars, sporting victories, archaeological discoveries, chilling disasters and artistic triumphs. The changing social and cultural life of a county rich in folklore and legend
- Visit to the Ditton Heritage Centre with Cream Tea Details TBC
- Exhibition ‘History of West Malling from its earliest buildings’
- History of RAF West Malling, Various displays and artefacts
The Twitch Heritage Centre
Douces Manor, St Leonard’s Street will be open from 12 – 4 pm (Last entry 3.30 pm)
Open Days 2024
Sunday, March 24th, Sunday, April 28th, Sunday, May 26th
Sunday, June 23rd. Sunday, July 28th, Saturday, September 8th
Saturday 14th/Sunday15th (Heritage Open Days)
Remembrance Sunday 12th November
New Photographic Exhibition – “History of West Malling from its earliest buildings”
Please note opening hours and help the volunteers by vacating the centre by 4 pm otherwise terms of our lease may be compromised.
Douce’s Manor is a private residence; the house and grounds are NOT open to the public. Parking is on St. Leonard’s Street or in the town. For further details on joining the Society, please visit our website page: here Or contact Eileen Vago 01732 841297